Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: what are you giving up for lent?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cherriesmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    742
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    or is it lint?? LOL

    I am giving up all junk food...candy, chips, cake, ..all unhealthy foods

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wildnthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2002
    Posts
    2,759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I an't givin' up nothin' NADA!
    [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] <~~~~ Wild

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't know you were Catholic Mum???

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wildnthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2002
    Posts
    2,759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Originally posted by cherrysis:
    I didn't know you were Catholic Mum???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't you mean Roman Catholic?
    (Catholic) means universal... I think
    BTW.... I went to Roman Catholic school. 2-6th grade.... so that makes me a [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] ?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cherriesmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    742
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not..but it i just some wacky tradition passed down from who knows where...Roman Catholic I guess...and Wild should know LOL

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah...Well I looked up Lent after that post and while it stated mostly Catholics follow the penance
    other Eastern Orthodox Christians do too.
    I learn so much from Wikipedia

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going to give up lying...yep that was my last lie....Oops...This will be my LAST LIE...Damn...I quit

    Self20Portrait20as20Liar

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2006
    Posts
    2,326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    being a roman catholic that lived with nuns for more than 7 years I know allllllllllll about Lent. Giving up sweets is a good start but you should also not drink, nore smoke , nore have sex till easter,...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cherriesmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    742
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I won't have a problem with any of those LOL

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2006
    Posts
    2,326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    me neither( aint that a shame??)*lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •